Today is Giving Tuesday, and we want to remind you to #SupportLocal with us.
As a tumultuous year draws to a close we’re inviting our customers and community to get into the Christmas spirit in the best way we know how … by helping others! Support your favorite West Feliciana philanthropic organizations on #GivingTuesday, and every day! You'll be glad you did.
Here is a list of organizations BSF is supporting this holiday season, including an opportunity to double your donation.
- Young Life: We’re partnering with Young Life West Feliciana on a 1:1 matching program for businesses that commit to or increase their monthly donations, as well as all annual business donations for a total of $10,000 to help meet their year-end goal of $53,500. Double your donation and help the kids of West Fel navigate these unprecedented times through friendships and fun. Click here to donate. For individuals who wish to donate, click here.
- West Feliciana Education Foundation: The West Feliciana Education Foundation fosters community support for the West Feliciana Parish Public School System through volunteerism and financial contributions. Current projects include donating books to the school libraries and funding STEM programs. Click here to donate. Click here to support through the Amazon Smile program.
- West Feliciana Food Pantry: The West Feliciana Food Pantry serves about 378 families or 948 individuals. Click here for more information.
- St. Francisville Area Foundation: SFAF fulfills its goal to make our community a better place to live, work and play by partnering with donors, other non-profits and local public agencies to fund initiatives that preserve the existing rural charm and rich cultural heritage of the community. Click here to donate.
- Arts for All: Run by a group of local artists, musicians, writers, actors, poets, and people who enjoy the arts and work together to promote and support the arts and artists in West Feliciana Parish. Donations provide scholarships for children's camps, as well as the Adult Songbird Music School program. Contributions also help to fund the music lineup for the Yellow Leaf Arts Festival. Click here to donate.
- Old Benevolent Society in St. Francisville: Founded in 1883, the Old Benevolent Society is the oldest Black burial insurance lodge in West Feliciana Parish. Since 2018, members of our historical society and the restoration committee has been working on a campaign to preserve the deteriorating historic building, and excitingly, phase one of renovations have begun. Click here to donate.
- Happi Llandiers of St. Francisville: A community service organization started in 1955 by a group of teachers focused to help children in the community of West Feliciana Parish. Your donation will help provide necessary school supplies and other needs to our parish children. Click here to donate.
- West Feliciana Animal Humane Society: The WFAHS saves more than 95% of the parish's stray pet population each year, relocating animals in need to safe homes. The shelter provides adoption, fostering, and volunteer services. Click here to donate.
- West Feliciana Council on Aging: The West Feliciana Council on Aging offers a plethora of free resources, including caregiver support, transportation, home delivered meals, utility and legal assistance, and more. Click here for more information.